Without our users’ data, ClaimMyFlights would not be able to function. That’s why we take the privacy of our users’ data very seriously and we have set a privacy protection policy in place that is robust, secure, and is in compliance with all applicable regulations. Below you will find more information on the types of data we collect and how we use it.
Legal Basis for Personal Data Processing
We are processing your personal data based on contractual relationship with your explicit consent, based on obligations by law and protecting our legal interests.
The information below determines the purposes and means of your personal data processing.
We process your personal data for identification purposes, fulfillment of a contract, transferring compensation to your bank account once a compensation is received, providing customer service and support, informing you of updates on your case as per our contractual obligations, establishing and preventing actions in contradiction to our Terms and Conditions.
The data necessary in order to enter into a contract with you and to fulfill it includes:
- Personal contact details: address, e-mail, phone number
Identification data: full name, identification number or passport number.
- Claim processing data: flight number, date of flight, the circumstances around the delay/cancellation of the flight, booking number, ticket number, copy of the booking reference, e-ticket, boarding pass, luggage tag, copies of government-issued IDs in the event they are requested by any institution.
- Correspondence in relation to the provided service: e-mails, letters, information on claims, requests, complaints, or feedback that we receive from you.
- Bank account number, Credit or debit card information, or any other banking or payment information in relation to paying the compensation.
- IP address used to visit our page or information about your actions and user activity on our webpage
Sharing Personal Data
We only provide your personal data to third-parties under the conditions listed below:
- For purposes within the main objective to the original purpose for which the personal data was collected.
- If you have given your consent.
- If required by law, responding to international and local authorities, courts, and other third-parties.
- If required due to legal obligation, administrative or court order.
Occasionally we provide personal data to the following types of recipients (administrators of personal data):
- Mail operators and courier companies.
- Companies responsible for supporting equipment, software and hardware used when processing your personal data.
- Individuals and companies providing consulting services in various areas including accounting and legal services.
Service providers will only be permitted to obtain the personal data needed to deliver their service. If you do not want us to share personal data with these companies, please contact us by email requesting withdrawn of granted consents.
Deletion of The Data
The personal data we collect based on a contractual ground is deleted 5 years after the termination of the contract regardless of the termination reason (expiration of the contract, revocation or for other reasons).
In the event that you contacted us and did not end up entering into a contract with ClaimMyFlights, your personal data will be deleted within 6 months of the inquiry.
Anonymized Data Processing
ClaimMyFlights processes users’ data for statistical purposes or analyses. The results are only summarized and the data is anonymous. The identification of a specific person in such information is impossible.
Personal Data Protection
The security of your personal data is important to us. For the purpose of ensuring adequate protection of the data of the company and of our clients, ClaimMyFlights implements all necessary organizational and technical measures. The company has set rules to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or unauthorized access, and against all other unlawful forms of processing.
Every user has the right to:
- Information in connection with the processing of their personal data
Access to the user’s own personal data.
- Correction if the data are incorrect
Deletion of personal data.
- Restriction or objection to the processing
The user may request deletion if one of the following conditions is met:
- The personal data are no longer needed for the purposes for which they have been collected or processed.
- The user withdraws consent on which the data processing is based, and there is no other legal reason for the processing.
- The personal data have been processed unlawfully.
- The personal data have been collected in connection with the provision of services to children, and the consent was given by the holder of parental responsibility for the child.
You have the right to file a complaint concerning our processing of your personal data. Complaints can be submitted by e-mail or through the contact form on our web site.
Every user has also the right to lodge a complaint against unlawful processing of their personal data with the Commission for Personal Data Protection.
Change to the Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be updated due to modifications of relevant legislations. If any material changes are made, you will be notified by e-mail or by notification posted on our web site prior to the change becoming effective.